Director of Publisher Services (U.S.)
Reports to: VP, Content Services
Department: HE Content Services
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
LearningMate seeks a Director of Publisher Services to help support the growth of this dynamic practice area. The ideal candidate is a strong and personable leader who knows that success is built on a foundation of great relationships, effective teamwork, excellent listening skills, clear written communication, and a solution-oriented approach. You know that the details matter, and are adept at balancing the demands of schedules, budgets, and quality. You see the opportunity to transform traditional print workflows and reduce time to market for publishers’ content assets.
- Collaborate with AVP of Publisher Accounts to lead the strategic growth of our publisher-facing content services business
- Develop, manage, and sustain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across editorial, technology, and operations.
- Respond to and bid on client RFIs/RFPs, including proposal writing and estimation
- Solicit new business through compelling presentations
- Lead key engagements, including execution of the pilot and setup phases of projects and programs
- Collaborate with global content services and technology teams to develop and facilitate ongoing professional development and training, both formal and informal.
- Recruit, onboard, and train large pool of freelancers and subject matter experts across various disciplines.
- Develop and deliver internal and external presentations.
- Work with the project managers to resolve project challenges as they arise and develop best practices to mitigate future issues.
- Support the design and development of templates to enable process efficiencies.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of the projects according to customer needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and meet key milestones, to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organization, and to technically contribute to the development of process solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10-15 years in the higher education publishing industry.
- 10 or more years of successful experience in digital educational content development.
- Experience in acquisitions required.
- Experience in development editing preferred.
- Experience in sales a plus.
- Facility with technology underpinning higher education content and courses.
- Experience supporting customers through a product/project needs assessment process and project requirements, including documenting requirements.
- Developing relationships and supporting SMEs.
- Experience in emerging fields of IT, Cybersecurity a plus.
- Highly motivated with excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment. Seek help when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight, up to 30%.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern browsers and business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Meet, Zoom, Skype)
- LearningMate has offices in India, the UK and the US and serves global customers. Coordination with people in all time zones may be required, which demands early morning or late evening calls/meetings, as needed per project.
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Director of Publisher Services (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.