Faculty/SME: U.S./World History (Contract U.S.)
Reports to: Project Manager
Department: Content, Higher Education
Location: Work from Home (U.S. only)
LearningMate is partnering with an educational partner to create assessment items for general education courses on the Learnosity platform. As part of this project, we require US college faculty in History who have taught U.S. and/or World History and have experience developing assessment items (primarily autoscored items.)
Start Date: Mid-October 2020
End Date: Early January 2021
Hours per week: 10
- Developing formative and summative assessment items of the following types:
- Multiple choice with feedback
- Multiple select with feedback
- Matching/Classification with feedback
- Short answer (autoscored with feedback)
- Essay (With feedback)
- Master’s degree required, with Ph.D. preferred, in U.S. History, Political Science, World History or similar field.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in History at the collegiate level required.
- Exceptional autoscored assessment item writing skills.
- Experience working in Word templates for assessment authoring required.
- Experience with Learnosity assessment platform desirable but not required.
- Experience adhering to style guides and detailed writing and assessment development guidelines.
- Ability to work remotely with teams across multiple time zones.
- Excellent communication skills in the following areas:
- Virtual meetings (Zoom, Google Meet)
- Document comments and annotations
- Updating required trackers and following project handoff protocols
- Punctuality and keeping one’s word on deadlines.
- Communicating when issues arise that interfere with these goals.
- Creating contingencies for working through these issues to keep projects on track.
Please send a cover letter and resume/C.V. that combine to highlight the requirements outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Faculty SME: History (Contract US) – Your Name as the Subject Line.
If your qualifications meet our needs, a member of our talent acquisition team will contact you directly. Work samples will be requested at that time.