Learning Design Strategist (U.S.)
Reports to: Director of Learning Design
Department: HE Content Services
Location: Work from Home (U.S.)
LearningMate seeks a Learning Design Strategist to help support the growth of this dynamic practice area. The ideal candidate is a strong and personable leader who knows that success is built on a foundation of great relationships, effective teamwork, excellent listening skills, clear written communication, and a solution-oriented approach. You take pride in rolling up your sleeves to develop pilot courses and excel at training others to execute projects according to client needs and sound pedagogical practices. You know that the details matter, and are adept at balancing the demands of schedules, budgets, and quality.
- Responsible for execution and oversight of online curriculum and course design engagements for higher education institutional clients.
- Collaborate with faculty, subject matter experts, and other IDs to design and write clear, engaging scenarios, discussion board prompts, activities, assessments, and other learning materials.
- Work with clients/other team members to develop detailed content outlines, wireframes for storyboards, and Proof of Concept (POC) samples, develop full storyboards, media assets lists, and other documents that facilitate development of your designs.
- Collaborate with Global Instructional design team to develop and facilitate ongoing professional development and training, both formal and informal.
- Work with the project managers to resolve project challenges as they arise and develop best practices to mitigate future issues.
- Support the design and development of templates to enable process efficiencies.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of the courses according to customer needs and objectives.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and meet key milestones, to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organization, and to technically contribute to the development of process solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Instructional Design or equivalent work experience; and other field of study related to online education, preferred.
- Preferred – Master’s in Education – Learning Design, Learning Systems Design, Learning Technology Solutions, Curriculum and Instruction Design and Content Development.
- Teaching experience a plus.
- 10 or more years of successful experience in digital educational content development.
- Experience supporting customers through a product/project needs assessment process and project requirements, including documenting requirements.
- Developing relationships and supporting SMEs, creating storyboards (including formative and summative assessments), selecting and directing art development. Proficiency with XML tagging in MS Word, Articulate Storyline, Rise, and/or Adobe Captivate.
- Experience in emerging fields of IT, Cybersecurity, and Nursing/Health Professions a plus.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment. Seek help when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight, up to 30%.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern browsers and business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Google Meet, Zoom, Skype)
- LearningMate has offices in India, the UK and the US and serves global customers. Coordination with people in all time zones may be required, which demands early morning or late evening calls/meetings, as needed per project.
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, and as needed, at a client’s office or other professional settings, with minimal to moderate noise; travel will include exposure to outdoor environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to sit regularly, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift or exert force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Learning Design Strategist (U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.