Anne Kaske joins LearningMate K-12 Editorial Team
Anne Kaske has joined LearningMate’s Editorial Department as Executive Editor for English Language Arts and Humanities. Bringing with her years of experience developing digital learning content, Anne will assist LearningMate’s K-12 clients in developing innovative, quality instructional and assessment content.
During the past 20 years, Anne has served the K-12 education publishing industry in many capacities, working in editorial and project management roles for both large and small publishing houses as well as vendors. Anne’s experience working as both content creator and service provider has given her an unique perspective and ability to better recognize and improve challenges in content processes and workflows.
Anne has worked in all phases of the content development process from concept, prototyping and development to final product review. Her digital content development experience ranges from developing content for online games; creating and refining interactivities; writing and editing digitally delivered lessons for ELA and Social Studies; reviewing apps and online games for accuracy, engaging interactivity, and correlation to national and state standards and more.
Anne has contributed to developing K-12 English Language Arts programs for publishers including Pearson, Rigby, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, and National Geographic Learning. She has managed, written, and edited student and teacher materials related to:
- Letters and words: letter recognition, phonemic and phonological awareness, phonics, concepts of print, wordy study, grammar and mechanics, and vocabulary
- Fiction and Nonfiction: wordless books, phonics readers, leveled readers, nonfiction and fiction passages, and literature anthologies in all content areas (ELA, math, science, and social studies)
- Reading: comprehension strategies, intervention strategies, and guided reading lessons
- Writing: the writing process, steps for writing, strategies for writing, and mentor texts
- Standards: national and state-specific standards, Common Core State Standards
In addition, Anne has developed content for K–12 Humanities, including:
- Managing, writing, and editing social studies programs for history, geography, civics, and culture
- Writing and editing United States and World History anthologies and readers
- Developing worksheets and other ancillary materials for literature and social studies products
- Correlating content to state and national standards for literature, art, and social studies
Anne holds a B.A. in Creative Writing and Business from Loras College, graduating magna cum laude. She uses her writing and project management skills as a Board Member for Veterans R&R, a 5013c charity that helps veterans find community, and works with animal rescue organizations.
For more information about LearningMate’s K-12 Editorial Services, please email email@example.com.