LearningMate Continues Expansion of Editorial Department
This morning, LearningMate announced the addition of Jane Magni as Editorial Director for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). This announcement comes on the heels of the company’s recent communication reporting Anne Kaske’s appointment as LearningMate’s Executive Editor for ELA and Humanities.
“The education industry is living in a very experimental time. New products are coming out daily; content is being created, tagged and delivered in entirely new ways; and students have access to new resources that shape their learning. This is especially true for STEM,” said Sam Sen, CEO, LearningMate Solutions.
“Our commitment is to help our customers develop meaningful teaching and learning products and assessments through a variety of approaches. We believe the editorial function is core to that process, and as a result we are growing our team to ensure we have the subject matter expertise, industry insight, and strategic experience on staff to help our clients usher in the very best in education. We’re excited to have both Jane and Anne on board as we move forward.”
Jane, a former high school Biology and Environmental Science teacher, joins LearningMate with more than 25 years experience developing and producing both print and digital instructional and assessment materials for STEM.
Throughout her career, Jane has assisted with product conceptualization, writing and editing content, and managing programs for McGraw-Hill Education, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Pearson, Pearson Assessment, Science A-Z, Renaissance Learning, College Board and Action Learning Systems. A sampling of Jane’s experience includes:
- Developing virtual labs and interactive whiteboard activities for science and math
- Conceptualizing and creating wireframes for science HTML5 simulations
- Producing a variety of multimedia products including science lab videos, math videos, multimedia lesson quizzes
- Managing a team in developing Common Core Math preparation materials for Middle and High School Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2 content
- Managing a writing and editing team that developed state-specific ancillary materials for Geometry
- Managing the development of Professional Development materials for teachers of all subject areas K-12
- Managing an editorial team of writers and editors to develop 45 Science Leveled Readers for grades K-6
Jane’s strengths include strategic planning, program design, budget management and successful team building along with developing clear project writing guidelines. In addition, Jane has been instrumental in training editors to use a variety of digital authoring tools for content and assessment development.
Jane holds an M.A. in Education, Curriculum and Instruction from Otterbein University and a B.A. in Biology from Hiram College.
For more information about LearningMate’s K-12 Editorial Services, please email email@example.com.