Careers at LearningMate USA
Empowered by the freedom to innovate, guided by the best and constantly abreast of the latest in the business, here you’ll develop the future, beyond conventional eLearning. Take a moment, close your eyes – be ready to be challenged to the limit.
Senior Development Editor, Nursing and Healthcare
Job Code : U0021 | Location : Remote (northeast corridor preferred)
Department : Content/HE
Reports to: Director of Content Development
The Senior Development Editor, Nursing and Healthcare is an editorial position at LearningMate responsible for hands-on development of higher education content and assessment; management of freelancer development editors, subject-matter experts, and other professionals; working with the Director of Content Development, as well as members of the Content and Project Management teams, to deliver high quality content services, on time and on budget, for all assigned projects; and working directly with clients to plan and execute projects.
- Directs and ensures content compliance to standards on assigned projects; reviews materials from freelancers and provides feedback to manage quality of work
- Works with the client and the Director of Content Development to ensure the integrity of content
- Develops and maintains project guidelines to ensure product consistency and quality
- Participates in qualifying/selecting writers and editors for projects based on content expertise, skill, credentials, and availability
- Maintains communication with internal project team members and informs the team of content issues that will impact the project’s budget, schedule, or quality
- Participates in status meetings with client (along with PM); includes progress reporting for scope of work and schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Education, or related fields. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or other healthcare field with additional editorial or content development experience. Graduate degree preferred
- At least 8 years content and assessment development experience, preferably in Higher Education, within an educational publisher, development house, and/or as a professional freelancer. Professional nursing, healthcare, or education experience a plus
- Excellent ability to interact and partner with clients
- Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, and facilitate content development
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a high-quality results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., JoinMe, Google Hangout, Skype). Educational technology a plus.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India demands periodic early morning or late evening calls/meetings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work environment is primarily indoors at home, client office or other professional settings with minimal to moderate noise and no exposure to environmental elements.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to regularly sit, stand, walk, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 10 lbs.
To apply for this position please send your resume to email@example.com and in the Subject Line enter the Position Title – Your First and Last Name.