Instructional Designers – Contract/CTH (U.S.)
Reports to: Program Manager or Director
Department: Content, Higher Education
Location: Work from Home (EST Preferred)
We have multiple contract and contract to hire opportunities for freelance Learning Design Consultants (Instructional Designers).
The primary scope of work is collaborating with faculty at one of our US Higher Education Clients to create online courses based on existing, on-ground programs.
For this engagement, we require empathetic, patient, and persistent Learning Design Consultants who have:
- Experience working with college faculty who may be new to online teaching and new to working with an instructional designer.
- A deep understanding and passion for UDL and Community of Inquiry approaches, and Backwards Design (Wiggins and McTighe) experience.
- Ability to coach faculty on meeting Quality Matters standards
- Experience in designing scenario-based learning (includes using case studies, inquiry-based learning, community service learning, and other practices that situate learning in the world or workplace).
- Experience working in or with community colleges and an awareness of community college students
- Ability to work without a set institutional process or infrastructure for creating online courses.
- Ability to develop useful and shareable templates and models across the project as we proceed.
- Excellent course writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree. Post Graduate Instructional Design degree or certificate a plus, but not required.
- Four or more years’ experience in Curriculum Learning Design in Higher Education
- Experience collaborating with faculty subject experts
- Experience aligning/mapping content and curriculum to outcomes/competencies
- Experience authoring measurable learning objectives
- Experience writing guidelines for faculty on teaching/understanding the course
- Experience authoring rubrics
- Experience working in D2L
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision
- Ability to work during an academic year, when faculty are also teaching 3 – 5 courses per semester.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams in India may require early morning or late evening calls/meetings
- Proficient in MS Office 365, Google Applications, and video conferencing apps (i.e., Google Chat, Zoom)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter Instructional Designers (Contract/CTH U.S.) – Your Name as the Subject Line.